View Larger Map

Ray H Morris

30 Precision Ct
New Britain, CT 06051

Phone: 860.224.2678
Toll Free: 800.243.0662
Fax: 860.224.4134
Toll Free Fax: 800.628.5176

8:00am to 5:00pm EST

Please direct inquiries to



Ray H. Morris & Company, Inc. was established in July of 1937 by Mr. Morris in West Hartford, CT. with the goal of "servicing the automatic screw machine field." In its early years, the company was operated out of his garage at 7 South Main St. In 1949, with the addition of K.R. Kleinschmidt, formerly of Brown & Sharpe Mfg., the company became established in supplying tools and repair parts for B&S machines.

As new products were added and business expanded, Ray H. Morris & Co. outgrew its current space. At that time in 1952, a larger facility at 69 Prospect St. was purchased and the preparations for the move began. During the move it was required to hire outside assistance to help with the office work. Part time employees were hired for the "rather expensive" price of $2.00 per hour to make up the invoices until better facilities were available.

In 1966 Mr. Morris entered into negotiations with Mr. J.F.Mossey, owner of Wayne Steel Co. Inc., for the sale of the business. The steel distributor in the New York/New Jersey area had its roots in the screw machine industry, so the purchase seemed to make sense.

Mr. Mossey's father-in-law, Mr. Anthony Pavia, an Italian immigrant, had established his own successful screw machine shop in Newark, NJ. On August 18, 1966 Ray H. Morris & Co. was sold to Wayne Steel Inc. of Elizabeth, NJ. Soon thereafter the present location at 30 Precision Court, New Britain, CT. was purchased and a facility was built.

As a division of Wayne Steel Co. Inc., Ray H. Morris grew over the years. There were numerous enlargements to the facility. At present, we have a steel warehouse, a parts warehouse, a historic records archive, and our office space. Over the years. our shipping department has delivered millions of packages throughout the world by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and many more. Our employees have walked, driven, and flown these parts to their destination, and our delivery trucks can still be seen on the roads throughout Connecticut helping to get product to our customers in a timely manner.

Throughout the history of the company, customer service has been our hallmark. As a family owned and operated business, we look forward to our future and that of our customers. We seek to grow our business by offering you a quality product at a reasonable price. We seek to have the products you need on our shelves when you need them. By doing so we have become the #1 distributor in all of our major lines.





Charles J. Thomas

Ralph Bruscino

Nancy Walton

Jeff Coulter

Charlene Schneider

Luci Domick

Scott McDonald

Don Lockrey


Ray H. Morris Company is a division of Wayne Steel Co., Inc.  We are the leading distributor in the metalworking field in North America.

For a complete listing of companies and products we represent, please visit our Products Page.







Copyright Ray H Morris Company